15 June 2006

My hand @ cooking.....


PAPPU-CHAARU vandatam NERCHUKO!!



.......Done with engg.... just like any other 20 yr old person ... i'm a bit confused abt my future too...and d Question...which makes u grow wild is ....ofcos there may b many Q's....but the Q which tops d list is :
"wow!! done with studies...!...Graduated anmaaata...so WHATS NEXT??"
adhe girls aithe...inko tikkaregeey Q :
" chaduvu aiypoyindhu...pelli ki rdy anmaata...elanti abbayi kavaala
amma ?"
My foot!!!!!!!! huh!!

konthamandhi ki aa abbayi choice kooda undadhu emo!! phew!!
So y am i writing all this is....bcos today i prepared smthng calld 'pappu-charu....similar to sambhar'!!
oh so it turned out to b a disaster anukunnara??

NOOPE!!!!!!!
CHAAALA baaga vachindhi!
I was patting myself.....ayyada!! i cook so well ani!!

assala vishyam taravaata telisindhi......nenu chesina curry ki oh range lo "make over" jarigindhi ani!!! phew!!
As im too lucky...i had too few ppl @ home tht day... my grnd mom...her sister....mom ...my sis...my aunt..inka endukuley!!

My granny was d first[luccccky] one to taste it....she grew so wild.... anthe inka.....start......."20 yrs pillavi.....pappu chaaru raadha?? "
Me:[i was murmuring to myslef]"damn it....so what i know dosa,omlette,idly...i prepare first class 'TEA'.... and coffee...oka sari pappu charu ki...intha tittala...."patient as always"......i kept hearing all tht my granny was telling[read scolding] me....
she told me abt her days...when she strtd cooking @ d age of 13 itself!!...'
wow ...thts quite a record' i thgt to myself!!
and she told me how her grnd father appreciated her....

gosh what am i typing...my grnd moms grnd dad aa!!

kevvvvv!!
of cos simultaneously my mom n aunt were making full use of my other ear by repeating d whole process of cooking pappu chaaru...

anyways...i kept hearing[nt listening mind u!!].....whatever granny said.....
till she said...repu poduna pelli ayyaka.. aa vachevaadu........L I K E H E L L!!!!!!
anthe i cld no longer Ctrl my self...."ammaamma........aaagh"!!

..
..


..
..

..
..


..
..


..
..
some blah blah went on for 5-10min... and tht's it.......

i told her.... the pappu i made was so gudd...tht they cld modify it and make it taste good...adhi appreciate cheyakunda....huh!!


of cos...i cldnt stop telling they were gudd @ modifying it too... [:P]!!
...by the time i sat to have my lunch...the first thing i ate was pappu charu... trust me....it was gudddddddd..........probably....bcos i prepd itt...it tasted so gudd... or did it taste gudd.. bcos of d modifications??!!

chuckles!!!!!! who says
"TOO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH..aka...pappu charu!!"!!!
LOL!!

4 comments:

Haritha said...

dear TS (if i can call u that), i came across ur blog through swetha's orkut id. wow!! i mean, i can totally relate to it!! even the telugu part made me mist over. i almost felt like i was in ur cheppulu yaar!

pardon me if i admit that i read the post with a hope that perhaps a contemporary might have given the easy-to-make recipe. :D:D nenu inka "hammayya! finally, i can learn something from net" anukunna.

keep the cool stuff coming!

IThinkThereforeIam said...

tq haritha!

Kk said...

Nice to as much telugu in there as english., that's somethin nice 4 a change in the blogworld i know., nice that ur cooking experience was ALMOST a success ;)

Learn cooking yaar., i cook gr8 u know? Not that u're a girl n u shud cook n all that crap., coz i think it's one of the survival methods u need to hav. Sometime in life u may need to be alone., independent., not ask anybody to do thngs 4 u., i learnt it 4 this reason also.

If u can make pappu that can be modified into somethin nice., u can sure make somethin nice too ! Goodluck with that :)

IThinkThereforeIam said...

KK sirrrrrr!!

tht was my first hand @ cooking!!
and tht too pappu charru requires correct proprtions of every item u put in...of cos every food item for tht matter!

and btw...i cook well now. ...naah...almost well.. hmm...i can assure no indigestion prblems! ;) ;)